Law 34/2006 of 30 October, concerning access to the professions of lawyer and solicitor of the courts and the Royal Decree 775/2011 of 3 June, approving the Regulation of Law 34/2006 have established a system of professional qualifications for law degrees established in compliance with the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Law, Degree in Law or other equivalent university degree level that meets the requirements set out in Article 3 of Royal Decree 775/2011.
- Proof of passing comprehensive training for the set of skills necessary for the practice of the legal profession.
- Develop a period of practical training in institutions, organizations, and professional firms related to the practice of the legal profession.
- Pass the final assessment test proving the professional training.
As part of this process, the education required to access the assessment test to obtain the final qualification for being a professional lawyer may be acquired through the following ways:
- Education taught in public and private universities within the framework of teachings that lead to obtaining an official university master's degree.
- Education courses offered by law schools created by associations of lawyers and approved by the General Council of the Legal Profession.
- Education taught jointly by public and private universities and schools for legal practice approved by the General Council of the Legal Profession.
The Master's Degree in Law of the Universitat de Lleida inscrive inside this modality foreseen in the letter c) of the art. 4.1 of the Royal decree 775/2011, that is translated in a training given together by the Universitat de Lleida and the Col·legi de l’Advocacia of Lleida.